This is an advanced course and is not meant for students who have little no prior experience with clay. This course focuses entirely on wheel work and the student spends all 14 classes on the wheel. There is no hand-building in this course at all.
- Make the student independent on the wheel
- Ensure the student learns the various aspects of completing a piece on the wheel centering, coning, throwing upto 2 kgs of clay, turning, etc.
- Equip the student with skills needed to complete most clay projects based on throwing
- Introduce the student to different ways of making feet, handles, spouts and lids
- Have the student come away at the end of the course with 12 complete pieces, including a complete tea-set (tea-pot, 2 cups and saucers, milk jug, sugar pot)